Water & Sanitation
Nkomazi local municipality’s water and sanitation department is dedicated to provide sufficient and clean water to all residents of Nkomazi. Taking into consideration the human rights to clean water and sanitation, the department’s mission is to serve the people of Nkomazi by driving sustainable development that includes delivering water and sanitation resources.
Water Services Development
Every water services authority has a duty to all consumers or potential consumers in its area of
jurisdiction to progressively ensure efficient, affordable, economical, and sustainable access to water
Nkomazi Local Municipality provides basic sanitation services to Nkomazi citizens. The municipality is ensuring this through the planning for all sanitation infrastructures in Nkomazi. These include sanitation services such as the safe removal of human waste, wastewater from households.
Sewage Collection and Disposal
Municipal Parks and Recreation
Introduction Of Waste Management
- Development and monitoring of the implementation and of municipal integrated waste management plan.
- Collection, transportation and disposal of waste.
- Water preservation, minimization and recycling.
- Promote environmental awareness in communities, and schools through campaigns, workshops and competition.
- Management of waste disposal sites.
- Monitoring and evaluation of effective waste collection transportation and disposal, Waste information system.