Cllr JM Mkhatshwa is the Executive Mayor for Nkomazi Local Municipality. His role is a strategic link between administration and political principals. The legislative mandate for him is to:
- Provide democratic and accountable governance for local communities.
- Ensure sustainable provision of services to communities.
- Promote social and economic development.
- Encourage communities and their organization to become involved in local government matters.
Departmental Core Values
The office of the Executive Mayor performs the following functions:
Oversee Management of, and ensure processes related to activities in the office of the Executive Mayor by:
- Facilitating the prioritisation of programmes and projects in the department that leads to the draft capital budget.
- Ensure inter-departmental co-operation in terms of Inter-governmental Relations (IGR) processes.
- Facilitate public participation engagements.
- Facilitate IGR engagements.
- Analyse the external and internal environment for issues, gaps and early warning signs.
- To promote integration by balancing the required in the implementation, and by coordinating actions across sectors and spheres of government.